In 2015 or 2016, did you, your parents or anyone in your parents’ household (from question 73) receive benefits from any of the federal programs listed? Mark all that apply. Answering these questions will not reduce eligibility for student aid or these programs. TANF may have a different name in your parents’ state. Call 1-800-433-3243 to find out the name of the state’s program.
75. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
76. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
77. Free or Reduced Price Lunch
78. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Why are they asking this information?
This series of questions aim to determine if your parent(s) received any form of supplemental government (federal or state) assistance for living expenses, which may qualify you for Federal financial aid.
How to answer this question / fill out this section
Check the appropriate boxes if your parent(s) have benefited from any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Free or Reduced Price Lunch
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Check “None of the above” if none of these benefits were received.
Please note, the names of these programs may differ from state to state. These names shown here are the most commonly used.