- What personally identifiable and other information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- How changes to this Privacy Notice will be handled.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We only have access to/collect personally identifiable information or similar personal information that you voluntarily give us, including, without limitation: (i) in connection with an application for our scholarship sweepstakes (the “Scholarship”) offered on the Website, or (ii) via the Website’s contact page, scholarship database, email or other direct contact from you. NitroCollege.com is the sole owner of the information collected by or through the Website.
During an application for our Scholarship, applicants are required to provide us certain types or categories of information regarding themselves and/or their children, as applicable, including, but not limited to:
- email address
- social media user names
- income and financial information
- educational information
- date of birth
In contacting us through the Website’s contact page, you are required to provide us with your name and email address and also may provide a phone number or other personal information. You and not NitroCollege are solely responsible for the accuracy of any information you provide us.
In addition to the above personal information, we also may obtain information about you, your computer or mobile device, IP address, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, web browser, computer or device platform, related software and setting, browsing actions and patterns, and your use of the Website through the use "cookies" and clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs).
Cookies help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features from the Website.
Clear gifs help us better manage what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our users' personal information.
We may use your information, including your personally identifiable information, to:
- Provide products and services requested by you;
- Provide customer support, including responding to your requests and questions and resolving any issues you may have;
- Provide you information regarding the Scholarship;
- Verify the information you provide to us;
- Communicate directly with you in the future, including, without limitation, by sending you emails containing information from our blog content and information about promotions, products and services that may be of interest to you, including third-party promotions, products and services;
- Perform research and analysis to develop and improve our services and products or develop new services and products;
- Understand and anticipate your use of or interest in our products, services, and content, and the products, services, and content of others;
- Manage our business and operations; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you give your consent.
If you do not want to receive email messages from us, you will be given the option to opt out in connection with your application for a Scholarship, in every email NitroCollege.com sends, or you may email us directly at Support@NitroCollege.com.
We may share your information, including your personally identifiable information, as follows:
- With any of our affiliated companies (i.e., companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us) for support of our internal and business operations or for cross-marketing purposes or in connection with a request made by you.
- With and/or sell your information to third parties whose products and services we think may be of interest to you such as educational institutions, financial companies, such as those that make, or arrange student loans and other financial products; non-financial institutions. such as retailers who sell a wide range of products and services to customers; direct marketing companies; or nonprofit organizations. These third parties may be domestic or international.
- With third parties who use the information for analytical purposes.
- The first and last name of the winner of our Scholarship will be posted on the Website.
- We may disclose information we collect from or about you when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our affiliates, our other customers, or others
- If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, whether through a sale, acquisition, merger, consolidation, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other corporate change involving us and/or our affiliates, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our users to third parties evaluating or facilitating the transaction. We also may retain a copy of such information. Nothing in this Privacy Notice is intended to interfere with our ability to transfer all or part of our business, equity interests, or assets (including the Website) to an affiliate or non-affiliated third party at any time, for any purpose, without any limitation, and without notice or any compensation to you, whatsoever.
Your California Privacy Rights: A Notice to California Users (California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
- California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California residents asking about the business' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of California residents to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the California resident has exercised an option to opt out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place.
- Any California residents who have an established relationship with Nitrocollege may opt out of Nitrocollege disclosing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, third parties include affiliates of Nitrocollege. If you do not want Nitrocollege to disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes you can opt out by contacting us by email at Support@NitroCollege.com
- Pursuant to California privacy law, registered users under 18 years of age may request to have content or information posted by the user removed from any of our online platforms. In order to effectuate removal of such content or information, you may reach us during regular business hours at (888) 972-1010.
- The removal of content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on any of our online platforms by the registered user.
- We do not advertise or market any of the products or services identified in Chapter 22.1 Sec. 22580 (i) to users we have actual knowledge are under 18 years of age.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You can do the following at any time by contacting us by email at Support@NitroCollege.com:
Your Opt Out Rights:
- If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, whether on our behalf or on behalf of a third party, you can opt out here. Note that even if you opt out, you may still receive transactional e-mails from us (e.g. corrections of user data, password resets reminder e-mails that you have requested, and other communications essential to your transactions with us). It may take up to ten (10) days to process your opt out request.
- If you do not wish to receive texts (SMS) communications from us, whether on our behalf or on behalf of a third party, you can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages by responding to any of our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT. For additional opt-out information, please review our Terms.
- If you do not wish to receive any other digital communications from us, whether on our behalf or on behalf of a third party, you can opt out at any time by contacting us by email at Support@Nitrocollege.com. Note: It may take up to ten (10) days to process your opt out request.
- If you do not wish to receive direct mail (DM) offers from us, whether on our behalf or on behalf of a third party, you can opt out at any time by contacting us by email at Support@Nitrocollege.com.
- Similarly, you may opt out of our sharing your information with third parties and/or marketing partners for their marketing purposes by managing your preference via the 'email preference' link in any email communication footer, or by emailing Support@Nitrocollege.com.
- See what information we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any information we have about you.
- Have us delete any information we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your information.
Collection of Information
We collect various information on our behalf from and about you, including without limitation, information you directly provide when you use the Messaging Service. For example, we collect the phone number and email address you provided when signing up for the Messaging Service. When you send messages via the Messaging Service, we will also collect your messaging history and any information included in those messages.
We may also collect information about you using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your device. Cookies enable personalization of your experience on the Messaging Service (e.g., sending you personalized text messages such as shopping cart reminders).
If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, research study, or email survey associated with the Messaging Service, we will collect basic contact information and any other information you choose to provide in connection with these activities. We will also collect your contact information if you contact us with questions about the Messaging Service or for customer service.
Use of Information
We use your information to deliver, analyze, maintain and support the Messaging Service. We may use your information to enhance the Messaging Service features and customize and personalize your experiences on the Messaging Service. For instance, without limitation, we may use your information to text reminders to you each month to enter our scholarship sweepstakes, alert you to other scholarship opportunities, allow you to access tools and resources, send you helpful content or connect you with products and services offered by our partners.
Sharing of Information
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information to third parties, if you consent to us doing so. In addition we may share information about you without your consent in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties to help us provide the Messaging Service to you.
- Legal Requirement and Protection of Message Media and Others. We may disclose your information as we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to: (i) comply with applicable law and legal processes; (ii) respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iii) enforce a contract with us; (iv) protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (v) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
From time to time, we may also share aggregate or de-identified information about use of the Messaging Service that does not identify you and such aggregated or de-identified information may be shared with any third party, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Protection of Information
We take a variety of physical, technical, administrative, and organizational security measures based on the sensitivity of the information we collect to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, no online activity can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
Retention of Information
We retain your information for as long as you participate in the Messaging Service or as needed to comply with applicable legal obligations. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to resolve disputes, protect us and our customers, and enforce our agreements.
Choices and Controls
If you do not wish to receive texts (SMS) communications from us, whether on our behalf or on behalf of a third party, you can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages by responding to any of our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT. For additional opt-out information, please review our Terms
. Customer Care
If you are experiencing any problems with the Messaging Service, please visithttps://www.nitrocollege.com/contact and submit the form with details about your problem or your request for support, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and take multiple precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as income and financial information) that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page
Only our employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We cannot, however, ensure or guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you do so on your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, electronic or administrative safeguards.