Did you know your college ID or email address could be worth money in your pocket? It’s true.
Flashing your student ID or ponying up an email address with .edu at the end could land you some pretty amazing discounts, online or in-person.
Taking advantage of those savings could mean that you’ll have more money to put toward your education, so you can avoid borrowing more than you really need.
Here are 67 deals and discounts you may be eligible for just for being a college student.
Obviously discount offers may change at any time, so be sure to confirm them in advance if you’re making a large purchase.
A little bit of everything
Let’s start with a bit of one-stop shopping, shall we? There are two sites/apps to check out that can save you a LOT of time.
1. Before you go searching for individual discounts, download the UNiDAYS app. Doing so can land you discounts on everything from big-name clothing brands to big-name tech products.
2. StudentBeans is your student discount hub for everything from clothes to tech to healthy snacks! (Who doesn't love some cheap eats?) You can create an account on desktop or via your mobile device.
Many tech retailers offer discounts that could save you several hundred dollars on big-ticket items.
3. If you’re jonesing for some new Apple products, be sure to purchase through their online education shop. If you buy from their education store, you simply choose the product you want and purchase it. No need to show ID or prove you're a student. That said, Apple may email you to ask for verification if they suspect you're not a student.
4. Or, if Apple isn’t your thing, check out the student deals at Dell, on their Dell University site. You must have a valid .edu email address to qualify.
5. You can also check out student savings from Microsoft. They have several discounts for students—including the opportunity to snag Office 365 for free.
6. Who needs a printer? Through the HP Student Store, college students can get discounts on various HP products.
7. Best Buy also has deals just for students. Simply create an account and sign up for student deals. You'll receive coupon codes via email that are good online and in-store.
8. Anyone majoring in photography or design may want to score some Adobe products for up to 60% off.
9. Lenovo offers up to 5% off their computer products, including laptops and tablets.
10. T-Mobile sometimes offers students two lines for $100.
11. AT&T sometimes offers student discounts. Visit their discount site and enter your student email address to find out if you're eligible for any of their current deals.
12. Verizon offers student discounts, but they don't come right out and say it. You need to go to their discount page and scroll to the bottom. Enter your .edu email in the "work address" field and they'll email you if you're eligible.
Deals on your duds
Need to build that back-to-campus wardrobe? Many retailers offer college discounts online and in-person. (Tip: before you buy online, search for the name of the store and “student discount.” These deals change all the time, so don’t get discouraged if the first URL you click on doesn’t work. If you’re in the store, ask about discounts before you pay.)
You may be eligible for 10%-20% off your purchase at retailers like these, who run frequent deals for students (please note that the discounts below may change at any time):
13. ASOS: 10% off with valid student email
14. Banana Republic: 15% off in stores with a valid ID
15. Boohoo: Up to 60% off with StudentBeans account
16. Club Monaco: 15% off via email code to shop online or present ID in stores
17. Dockers: 20% off coupon code for entering your email
18. Express: 15% off online and in-store, must have UNIDAYS account
19. Forever 21: 15% off with StudentBeans account
20. Frye: 20% off, must have UNIDAYS account
21. J. Crew: 15% off in stores with valid ID
22. Kate Spade: 15% off online, must have UNIDAYS account
23. Medelita (for med students): 20% after you send a pic of your student ID
24. Madewell: 15% off in stores with valid ID
25. TOMS: 10% off by using code STUDENT10 at checkout
26. Topshop: 10% off with StudentBeans account
Want to cover those cinder block walls? You know you do. Here are some resources you can use to decorate your room without spending a fortune.
27. Get some vintage swag to liven up your dorm room. Many Goodwill locations offer a 10% student discount on certain days of the week. Call in advance to find out if your local store participates—and when.
28. Enjoy the easy online ordering and massive inventory of Amazon, with six months of Amazon Prime for free. You’ll be eligible for free two-day shipping on a boatload of different items, easy returns, and (bonus!) a host of free streaming TV and movie options.
29. JOANN Fabric and Craft Store offers a 20% discount to college students who present a valid student ID.
30. If you need furniture for your dorm or apartment, Pottery Barn has you covered. They offer a 15% discount for students with a valid .edu email of student ID.
Reading and news
Whether it’s textbooks, current events, or classic literature, there are plenty of ways to save money on the words that will inspire you.
31. Use the Amazon discount above and stock up on reading material for assignments or for pleasure.
32. Barnes and Noble offers up to 80% off on used and rentable textbooks, and 40% off new textbooks.
33. The New York Times offers a student subscription for $1 a week.
34. Check out The Wall Street Journal for only $1.00 per week for 15 weeks, or get a year subscription for $49.
35. Get 50% off a subscription to The Washington Post. Must verify student status.
Savings on sustenance
It's always a good idea to show your student ID at any store or restaurant. Discounts for food abound.
These restaurants are known to give a student discount of up to 10% with your college ID (at participating locations).
37. Buffalo Wild Wings—get a free “sharable” with a purchase of $5 or more (for students from participating universities)
38. Burger King—get a discount and voucher codes with your StudentBeans account
39. Dairy Queen
40. Domino's—35% discount with a StudentBeans account
41. Dunkin Donuts
42. McDonald's—show your Unidays ID at checkout to get a free cheeseburger, hamburger, or McFlurry
43. Papa John's—get a discount and voucher codes with your StudentBeans account
46. Chipotle—get a discount and voucher codes with your StudentBeans account
Entertainment and tunes
See a show, visit a museum, or rock out to your favorite band for a fraction of the regular price.
48. Stream your favorite music with Spotify Premium at a 50% discount of $4.99 per month—plus, they're throwing in Hulu and Showtime for the same price.
49. If Spotify isn’t your thing, get a discount with Apple Music for up to 48 months. UNIDAYS will confirm your student status.
50. Movies, plays, museums, and local attractions of any kind … don’t you dare buy a ticket without asking if there’s a student discount first.
Hittin' the road (or rails)
Going to school a long way from home? Or maybe you just want to use your summer breaks to see a little more of the world … in any case, student discounts abound.
51. Ride Amtrak for 15% off at select Amtrack stations. Check your local station for discounts.
52. Greyhound's Student Advantage program allows you to save up to 10% on every fare.
53. Nab student rates for flights, hotels and tours at Student Universe.
54. Go to Europe, Cuba, Thailand, or any number of locations with affordable trips from STA Travel.
55. Travelosophy specializes in finding cheap, flexible airfare for students.
Banking on the cheap
Many banks offer free checking accounts and other discounts to college students.
56. U.S. Bank offers students various discounts and one-time only free offers.
57. Chase offers discounts plus a $100 bonus.
Moving on out
At some point, you may need to rent a moving truck to haul all of your belongings to and from school.
58. Penske offers a 10% discount to college students, along with some other sweet discounts.
59. Budget Truck Rental offers a student discount of 15 to 20% off local and one-way moves.
All Kinds of Other stuff
60. FedEx offers 20 to 30% discount for students with a valid college ID.
61. Several insurance companies offer discounts to students. If you're no longer on your parents' car insurance, you might want to check out some of the bigger insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Farmers, and Nationwide) for student discounts of up to 20%.
62. Sam's Club offers college students a $15 egift card when you sign-up online. Must have UNIDAYS account.
63. Most 24 Hour Fitness Gyms offer student memberships. Check with your local facility for more information.
64. GlassesUSA offers a student discount online for prescription glasses—must have a UNIDAYS account.
65. Staying organized is important when you're a college student. Evernote offers 50% off a full year premium subscription to help you keep all of your information in one spot.
66. Resumewriters.com offers college students reduced rates for resumes and resume packages.
67. If you're looking to buy a new or used car, GM offers a college discount program.
Paying for college
If you’re looking for discounts on your college tuition, you can always enter to win a scholarship from Nitro.
You might also want to check out the latest deals in private student loans from our trusted and highly vetted lending partners.
Get smart about your college finances. We’re here to help.